Kimberly Bonvissuto, News – McKnight’s Senior Living
More than 85 independent living, assisted living and memory care leaders joined together at the International Council on Active Aging Forum in November. Together, they identified a philosophy and infrastructure of the “optimal community,” which offers lifestyle and services desired by current residents, with the quality-of-life features future residents will seek.
Five trends for senior living in 2021 to emerge:
- Redefine the meaning of “community.”
- Expand the built and unbuilt environment.
- Integrate technology through all operations.
- Emphasize wellness culture and lifestyle.
- Strengthen workforce quality, growth and retention.
Strategies for addressing these trends can be found in the “Creating a path towards the ‘next normal’ in senior living” report