The Therapeutic Care Journal
Standon Farm was opened in 1885 by the Church of England Waifs and Strays Society. It operated as a Certified Industrial School until 1926, and then as an Approved School from 1938. By the 1940s, Standon Farm was providing residential care and education for eighty boys aged ten to sixteen who were assigned to the School by the courts.
However, it was events on the afternoon of 15 February 1947 that would make Standon Farm infamous.
That afternoon, nine boys actioned a plot to murder the headmaster………………Read on