It highlights how high-quality retirement housing has a crucial role to play in tackling the urgent housing, health and social care challenges facing an ageing population.
The report calls for action from the public and private sectors, including:
- National and local housing programmes should include specific targets for dwellings designed to cater for older people
- Planning permission must be easier to obtain
- The demand is there as baby boomers seek to redeploy housing equity into smaller, more convenient homes with access to services
- Proposes greater collaboration – between local authorities and
- Closer attention to policies that incentivise downsizing and ways to make moving easier for older people.