In the autumn 2018, FoNS will be announcing a new call for
applications for the Teaching Care Homes programme. This year, the focus
of the programme will be on enhancing cross-system partnership working
(e.g. care home/acute sector services; care home/university; care
home/GP practice etc.). The partnerships should intend to develop and
strengthen cross-system relationships by working together towards
developing and achieving shared outcomes.
Are you interested?
We will be recruiting five care homes who can:
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the development of
person-centred care and ways of working; engagement in learning,
practice development and research; strong working relationships with
academic and education providers; and a desire to be a resource for
other care homes
- Have identified an aspect of cross-sector partnership working that
they would like to enhance and can demonstrate that they have begun to
establish relationships with the relevant partner(s)
- This programme is currently available only in England
Each home will select a small team (3-4 persons) to lead this work
and participate in the programme. This should include the home manager,
another member of the care home staff, and the participating
individual(s) from the partner organisation.
What does the programme involve?
The successful teams will:
- Participate in a development and support programme (six workshop
days) to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of
the cross-system working
- Network and share with the existing homes on the TCH programme
- Commit to the wider sharing of their learning and experience e.g.
host local events, present at conferences, contribute to articles etc.
Are you still interested? What next?
If you think that you would be interested in applying, now is the time to:
- Find out more about the programme. Visit the ’about’ page
- Start to have conversations with relevant partners
- Discuss your ideas with the senior leadership/management team in
your organisation as you will need to be able to demonstrate that you
have the full support of your organisation (and the partner
organisation) in your application
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an application pack directly once the call for applications has been announced