It Doesn’t Take Much To Improve My Day
Help remove feelings of loneliness, helplessness and boredom from your care setting.
The easy-to-read and understand Dignity
in Dementia Care Training Guide for Care and Nursing homes provides a
wealth of information that can help your staff understand more about
supporting people with dementia. The Guide aims to enhance their skills and knowledge so that they can connect more effectively with each of your residents.
- The importance of recognising emotions and feelings
- What is dementia?
- Communicating effectively and building trust
- The importance of saying ‘sorry’
- Meeting emotional needs
- Unusual behaviours and the perils of boredom
- How to interpret the communication of an unmet need
- Some suggestions for dealing with difficult behaviours
- Impact of the environment
- Carer’s stress
- Encouraging everyday activities
- Using the bathroom
- End of Life